Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Sticky Situation

Yesterday morning I received an unexpected call from my Box Company. My long-awaited for coloring books were being delivered. Finally the product I dreamed up almost a year ago could be marketed! I immediately re-scheduled my plans for the morning thinking, "Where the heck am I going to put 1,000 coloring books!?!!? Decidedly the garage was the best option. The books would store nicely and be out of the way on top of display tables I had gotten a few years back from a Department Store that was going out of business.

Shortly after 12:30ish the truck arrived! I bounced out the front door and cheerfully greeted the driver. Both him and I stacked the books on the tables in about 10 minutes - it was a cinch and I was delighted! I promptly paid my invoice and thanked the driver. Boy was I excited! The box company had packaged the books neatly in bundles of 25. Just the right "bite sizes" for me to handle. I grabbed a bundle, closed the garage door and headed inside to construct my first 25.

Or so I thought...

Much to my disbelief, the box company had GLUED THE DOOR TO MY BOOK SHUT!!! All 737 of them! Can you believe that!?!?!?! I was totally flabergasted!!! Was I dealing with The Three Stooges or what?!? This was a C-O-L-O-R-I-N-G Book that was suppose to open and shut! I called my sales rep and asked, Are you sitting down?

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment