Friday, December 3, 2010

"Coloring...An Activity in Diligence"


The weeks leading up to Thanksgiving I worked on "Diligence" with my students. Specifically, we learned that diligent people, 1. Work hard 2. Finish what they start, 3. Don't leave things unfinished and 4. Never quit (especially when it's hard!). These 4 major characteristics were drilled into their "little" heads through song and dance. For the week of Thanksgiving I incorporated The Coloring Book Oven as an activity wherein my little "peeps" could "demonstrate" what they learned!


The activity involved coloring a complete Thanksgiving Dinner from start to finish! We started with the Turkey, then Mac & Cheese, Aspargus and Baked Potato, Green Beans in the Can, and Cake or Pie and Chocolate Chip Cookies! Each little coloring cook was rewarded with a Coloring Book Oven to take home! Although the photos aren't the best (i.e. they were taken with my cell ), it was certainly a "Kodak" moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment